Bone Health Information & Resource Center
Maintaining bone health at all stages of one's lifetime is important. The body gains more bone up until about age 30, at which time it begins to lose bone. The onset of menopause at around age 50 can lead to greater bone loss, as can certain cancer treatments. In addition, bone fractures due to osteoporosis, a degenerative bone disease, are a threat to 44 million Americans.
- Bone Growth and Bone Health
- Bone-Building Checklist
- What is Osteoporosis?
- Osteoporosis Risk Factors and Symptoms
- Treating Osteoporosis
- Bone Fractures in Cancer Patients and Survivors
- Preventing Falls and Hip Fractures
- Treating Spinal Fractures with Balloon Kyphoplasty
- Additional Information and References
- News Archive